Presets are used to save a combination of UTM values to be used later. For example, you might have a long running campaign for sharing your blog posts on Twitter, e.g.
utm_campaign = blog
utm_medium = social
utm_source = twitter
You can create a new preset, say “Twitter Blog Sharing” and save these UTM values in it. When building a new tracking URL, you can select this preset instead of typing/selecting individual UTM values. This makes URL building much quicker and less error prone.
There are two ways to create presets in Terminus:
- Create a preset in advance (we will discuss below)
- Create a preset while building URLs
Here are the steps to create presets in advance:
1. Go to Presets page
While in your project, navigate to Tools > Presets
2. Click Create a New Preset
3. Specify UTM parameters
- Specify a name for your preset. Make it easy to recognize.
- Select or type any UTM parameters (UTM Campaign, UTM Medium, UTM Source, UTM Content, UTM Term)
- Click Save.
Your preset is now available to be used in URL builders.
You can also create presets while building UTM tracking URLs.