If you have team of people building UTM tracking URLs, Terminus allows you collaborate with them using fine grained permission levels.
Here’s how you can add users to your account:
1. Go to Manage Users page
From the top navigation, click on Manage Users in the dropdown.
2. Add a new user
Click Add a User button
3. Add an admin user
- Enter the Email address of the user
- Select Account Administrator checkbox.
- Click Save
An admin user can manage everything in the account including creating new projects, deleting projects, managing plans & billing, managing other users, etc. However, an admin who is not the owner cannot delete the account.
Even though you can specify groups for Admins, they’ll continue to have full access.
4. Add a non-admin user
It’s also possible to give a user specific access to select projects:
- Keep Account Administrator unchecked
- Specify any groups this user should be member of. (NOTE: It’s recommended to use groups to grant permissions instead of steps 3. and 4.)
- (Optional) Click Add Project Permission and select a project
- (Optional) Select the relevant checkboxes to give write permissions (including delete) to those objects. For example, you can allow a user to create new utm_campaign, utm_content and utm_term values, but not utm_medium and utm_source.
- After adding the necessary permissions, click Save.
It’s recommended to leave Settings unchecked since this prevents the user from changing project configuration or deleting the project. Settings permission also allows a user to create and modify conventions, info fields, and other such project level settings etc.
You can also add multiple users to a group by managing it directly.
5. Invitation email
After you click Save, an email will be sent to the user inviting them to create an account in Terminus. Once they have accepted the invitation, you’ll see it in All Users section.
If the user doesn’t get the invitation email, you can follow these steps to resolve it.